Wednesday, April 2, 2014

American Duchess Awesome-sauce!

Look who's rockin' the cover photo of American Duchess's Facebook page?

Screen shot 2014-04-02 at 6.45.22 PM

We did an AMAZING photo shoot when Lauren was out for the millinery conference, along with Maggie and Lauren M.  I can't wait to see the rest of the images! 

The pictures were taken at Bacon's Castle, which is a wonderful hidden gem just across the river from Colonial Williamsburg. Everyone should visit the next time they come to Williamsburg! They have really great events throughout the year. Mike and I will be doing some filming for them for their new promotional movies. And the 18th. c cricket game will be held there on May 3rd. :)

I will post more about the outfit when the rest of the images come from Lauren. I did a complete overhaul of my 1560s English fitted gown to make it more appropriate for the 1580s-1600 timeframe of the Stratfords.

In related news, I broke down and started making 17th c bodies. But it's okay, because it's kinda-sorta for work... ;-)

No comments: