Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Missing Faire...

Last year, I was a maid of honour (Lady Bridget Manners) to Her Majesty at the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire. It was an amazing, wonderful time, but also a huge commitment. This year, because of school and other obligations, I couldn't do court again. Last weekend was opening weekend of the 2011 season, and I am so "home sick" for faire! I am planning to go this year with friends, and hopefully gatelist at least once, but it won't quite be the same.

Here are some favorite moments from last year...




3 comments:

Sewings and Goings; Love of Historic and Vintage Fashion said...

Your dress Samantha is positively beautiful! It's so regal and *courtly*!! The other ladies look so lovely too! I have always been intrigued and utterly fascinated with the Renaissance period dresses.. farthingdales, bumrolls, shifts, stays, and the bodice and sleeve cut inserts and trim.. ahh! I could go on and on! Hopefully you'll make it another grand time at the next Faire!
- Samantha Jane

llyrafantasyfae said...

I would love to pick your brain on how you got on the court. That has always been a dream of mine.

Samantha said...

i was pretty much kidnapped into court, actually! lol i came to faire one season and was asked by a gentleman to dance. afterwards, all the ladies swarmed me and insisted i join! i exchanged contact info and went to the auditions the next year. and the rest is history! you don't have to be asked though; you can just audition.

thank you so much, samantha jane! the renaissance is my first love... it's what got me started with sewing! as a side note, my full name is samantha JEAN! hehe!