You can read my little write-up about the event here if you'd like, but here are some pictures from the weekend along with a couple (bad) pictures of my new spencer! Must get better pictures with better lighting...!
Hello all! The awesome Lauren R has bestowed the Duchie Award for Excellence in Historical Costuming and Bloggery upon the Couture Courtesan! This is such an honor to come home to, after an excellent weekend at Missessinewa. There will be a lengthy post about it soon! ;-)
But first, the award!
When you receive a Duchie Award, post on your blog (in any order):
Five things you love about historical costuming/wearing vintage clothing
Three (or more) blogs to pass the Duchie Award onto
A link back to the blog who awarded you the Duchie
1. I love getting to learn about the past, and living the past.
2. I love feeling like a princess sometimes!
3. I love getting to meet amazing people who share the same passion for historical costuming. Many of them have become my best friends!
4. I love the events I get to wear my clothing to. So much fun!
5. I love being able to honor the woman who first taught me how to thread a needle, my Oma.
1. mantuadiary.blogspot.com Nicole is insanely talented and takes incredible care to get every detail right. An invaluable reference for everything 18th century.
2. katiejacobs.blogspot.com Katie not only makes gorgeous clothes but writes insightful and clever tutorials on everything from hairstyles to pinballs.
Here are a couple pictures from the Civil War muster that I went to withe Katie a couple weeks ago. It was small but fun, and we took the opportunity to visit the beach at Holland as well. :)
An old dress and an old bonnet that you've all seen, but I left my camera at home this past weekend, so I have no pictures from the Grand Tactical in Canada! I know, I'm a horrible blogger... But I WILL have lots of visual goodies for you after this weekend, when we go to Mississinewa in Indiana.