- green wool "kersey" from Burnley and Trowbridge
- black mohair braid from Needle and Thread
- real black lamb fur (aka astrakhan, or "dead fetal lamb") from a vintage cape I got for $24 (it was falling apart and completely unwearable--but perfect for my purposes!)
- so many buttons...
- black cotton velveteen for the hat
- vintage plume
- All those original lovely original "hussar" style redingotes/pelisses out there (like the red KCI one)
- the 95th Rifles
The entire garment was pretty much made in a week. I did scale up the bodice from Janet Arnold the week before, but that was about it... I was able to scale it up exactly and then actually had to take it in.
It was a complete blast to wear this garment. I felt really elegant and regal. Underneath is my lace insertion gown and chemisette, and I completed the look with gloves and a dainty lady's walking/riding stick.
"For the blog" documentary pics: