Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Fall/Winter 2018-2019





I can't believe that all of the events I wrote about in my January post have come and gone! My fall and winter are already full of events, some of which need sewing and some of which need writing and performing. Silly me, thinking I'd "take it easy" for the rest of the year... ;-)

My sewing plans are as follows:

  • second set of clothing for contract museum work (shortgown, petticoat, kerchief)
  • French farthingale and silk bum roll for a presentation at Agecroft Hall
  • 1787 Eliza Hamilton gown for the Museum of the American Revolution--more on this later!
  • finish cotton print short sack and petticoat, cover hat for event at MoAR
  • remake my 1815 spangled ball gown for the RSV Victory Ball
  • early 1840s "Jane Eyre" dress, bonnet, cloak, and petticoat for Victorian tea/Christmas at Agecroft
  • Dress-in-a-weekend program at MoAR--more on this later!
  • fancy dress-ify my black 1860s evening gown for Victorian 12th Night
  • 1530s gown for SCA 12th Night

Elizabeth Shuyler

Explore SceneInThePast's photos on Flickr. SceneInThePast has uploaded 5829 photos to Flickr. 




5 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey, all of that sounds amazing! (When I saw Eliza Hamilton, I freaked. Fangirls *le sigh* Doesn't she look so pretty in that painting? I want to make myself a gown like that too)

avantgarbe said...

I can't wait to see your Eliza Hamilton! I ended up making a dress which is intended to be the historical version of the aqua gown she wears in the show, but was very tempted to copy the portrait.

frenchcreavintage said...

Hello ,

Thank's for your job.
I am a french collector of magazines and sewing patterns La Mode Illustrée de 1860 à 1924.
I began to scan the sewing patterns and the magazines and put on my website :
http://www.french-crea-vintage.com/en/

Marie-Pascale

Path said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill. Please keep on working hard. Thanks for sharing.

Best call center services said...

Thank you for sharing This knowledge. Excellently written article., if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!
outsourcing data entry projects